Updated July 24, 2000
Nat Gertler (comic book and computer book writer; collector of Peanuts books) has gotten
engaged to Lara Hughes (doctoral student in environmental engineering at CalTech;
avid amateur musician).
This engagement has proven to be a rather adventure-filled one so far:
We suspect these will not be the last adventures along the way. Keep coming back to this site for the latest info!
The Cat Dilemma
We are faced with one major dilemma, and (as with most of the world's problems) this
involves a cat. Lara has a cat named Putt-Putt, who will be part of our joint
household once we are together. We cannot decide whether this will make Putt-Putt
my stepcat (much as Lara's children, if she had any, would become my stepchildren
when we married) or my cat-in-law (as her mother will be my mother-in-law). We need input! E-mail your vote to email@example.com!
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
More details will be on this page when they are available!
- October 7th, 2000, at Robincroft Castle, a small mansion in Pasadena. (Yes, it was going to be in the Saint Louis area. Plans changed, for simple
- We do have a ring! There's a photo of it here.
- We met each other through involvement in various plays at CalTech, most notably a production of Dogg's Hamlet, Cahoot's Macbeth for which we were both working backstage. Our first date was November 18th, 1997, when we went to a Betty concert together at Luna Park in West Hollywood.
- Lara expects to have her doctorate before the ceremony.
- The ceremony's officiant will be Tom Hubbard, a man who should be known to those of you in the
Caltech acting community.
- Honeymoon will be in Maui, during the week after the wedding.